Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thanking the Louisiana Lions Eye Bank

The Shreveport Lions Eye Bank
721 Boulevard
Shreveport, LA 71104

Dear Christina, Paula and The staff at the Lions Eye Bank:

Please accept my greatest appreciation for your work in aiding me with the information on Brande’s Eye Recipients. I was so excited to hear that her eyes helped restore or improve someone’s vision. I think about it and wonder. If we were all blind would there be prejudice? I only know this. We know not what we can loose until we are faced with the challenge of regaining what we have lost. This is never easy, but knowing that by giving her organs Brande helped not one, but two people with vision problems makes me even more proud of my angel. I know you would have liked her. Everyone seemed to smile when she was in their midst.
We have her heart recipient in Phelps WI who is 66 years old. Her name is Barbara Larson and I will meet her in June 2010. She will also be here for the LOPA donor picnic at the State Fair of LA on Nov 6, 2010. I have also invited her Liver recipient Louis Smith from Gulf Port MS and his wife Charlotte who we met at the picnic last year on 11/7/2010. Brande was born 11/3/1989 and the state fair is where she spent most every birthday for the last 10 years. We have Kerry from LA who has her pancreas and right kidney, Serita from TX who has her left kidney, one man from Shreveport who has ligaments from her legs who can now walk after a motorcycle accident, and many others, including the two people in Ensenada and Tijuana Mexico I have yet to meet.
Wow. Now we celebrate one of her birthdays in Nov and so many more through her recipients. We have her hearts new birthday on April 24th, Barbara’s Dec 22 and her liver’s new birthday on April 23rd. We can now have new birthdays for her eyes and their recipients if we can find out the dates. It gives me so much to look forward to.
I am looking for employment in the field of donation, educating and supporting families faced with donation decisions. So, please if you find that your company has any openings I am a very hard worker and very passionate about what organ donation can do for everyone involved. I have worked in the public as an office manager
I would love to speak for your company on any occasion if you would just let me know. April will be a difficult month and because Brande had her accident on 4/12/2009, her accent to heaven 4/22/2009 I will have a lot to remember. The more I share about her, the better I feel inside. I will never fear her leaving only stand in awe of her accomplishments. She is my daughter, my angel, and so much more to me and so many others. What more can I say. Please read about Brande at the following web addresses where there are photos of our girl posted also.

http://www.lopa.org/heroes.html

http://www.brandesupdate.blogspot.com .

sherrydensonsellers@facebook.com

God speed and blessings to all.

Sherry Denson Sellers
1055 Southfield Road
Shreveport, LA 71106
318-294-9051 or 318-868-7190

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story of love and strenght from Brande to so many people. She is a true Angel.

Anonymous said...

We miss and love you Brande

Anonymous said...

Brande, You will always be loved and missed my many. including me duckie....