Monday, March 7, 2011

More on Brande's mission


Wow, Febuary is a big month for us. We had a great turnout at First United Methodist Church in Shreveport where we are now members. The kids absolutly love the program and have lots of friends there. Brande & I (because she is with me when I speak) spoke about her death and her giving life to those in need of organ transplants. It was very emotional for me, but God and my angel give me the strenght to do what I need to make people aware of the importance of organ donation. Everyone in the class was very supportive of the presentation and the fact that without faith we have nothing. Focus not on what you have lost, but on what you have left. Go Brande!

Next: I sent valentines to my mom in Tyler TX and our Heart Recipient Barbara in Phelps WI and transposed the address's. Silly me, anyway, getting there quite late Barbara calls me to thank me and says. " I got the valentine and the sexy pink and black socks. Where do you suppose a 67 year old woman would wear them? I told her Brande would love them and she could wear them with jeans just about anywhere. We laughed. She told me she had meant to call sooner and I told her the timing could not have been better because it was my birhtday when she called and that made my day. Then she told me that just that morning she said to her hubby. I wonder when Sherry's birthday is?. How funny is that! How wonderful that she called on my birthday. I just love that girl.

Next: I went to the DMV with Sheron Raymond from LOPA and we set up Brande's recipients photos, The lady from LA.Legacy came in wiht a huge cake and drinks and the floragraph that rode the rose parade float. What a great experience for me. The people were very kind and managed to visit what little they could between desks. I think it was a very postitive experience for all of us. Thanks LOPA and the DMV.

No comments: