Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wednesday, April 21,2009

Brande has been taken off of the paralytic and the sedatives to see if she will wake. She has not been responsive so far. I met with her surgeons and there is no way to operate, so we are hoping for a miracle. They went through her MRI and showed me the damage that has been done and the difficulty of the situation. I had to find a hiding place today to pray. I ask God to tell me what to do. Two lovely women were sent to me to tell me to Get into a place and ask for strength and peace, for guidance and direction. I found a lot of peace in this scripture

/ Hebrews 11:1-2-3 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds, were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

I am comforted to know that Brande is here for a reason bigger than my expectations of her.

I just want to thank God first for giving me 19 wonderful years with my girl so far, and thank all of you who have prayers for her, me and my family. My heart is full of gratefulness for the love and support I receive each day. Please know without it I would collapse. We are swamped with calls of love each day. Please know today I had to just set my phone aside so please do not feel offended if I do not answer. I do hear your messages and read your text. I also feel your love and kindness each day.
love Sherry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love and prayers continue.... you have all been on my heart and mind. Much love and God's comfort. - mary

Becky Craft said...

Sherry, Please let me know if I can do anything to help you and your family; Tyler is not that far from Shreveport. Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have put your family on our prayer list at First Presbyterian in Tyler.

Unknown said...

Sherry, You probably will not remember me by name, but I just wanted to tell you that I am very sorry for your loss. We became acquainted with Brande when our son & Jennifer dated a long time ago. She obviously loved her sisters very much. It bothered her very much if she thought someone was angry with Jennifer. Your faith will strengthen you, and someday you will find that this tragedy has made your faith even stronger. May Brande rest in peace, may God bless you and may your many memories of her bring you comfort. She will always be with you, you will carry her forever in your heart.

God Bless,
Kathy Nicholson